Question? —— How much do kitchens cost, and how do I create a Budget Kitchen?
Answer. ——- Limit yourself.
- Melamine doors are always the answer for budget kitchen cabinets. Laminate is the always the answer for bench-tops.
- However if you wish to go up market with your ‘no-longer-budget’ cabinets then consider — 2 PAC which is top of the range stuff, but you can be economical regardless in the way of longlivity.
- Going up market with bench-tops will be to Stone, as Granite can be very costly and out of vogue and good timber bench-tops are even more expensive. Stone usually adds about $ 1500 compared to a laminate bench-top.
- All in all, in my experience, only professional people (and not all of them) know how to restrict themselves. Private customers often say that they want a Budget Kitchen, but are in fact lying to themselves. The most common phrase that I have ever heard from people wanting a Budget Kitchen is, “Of course I will need that, and that, and that, in my kitchen”.
- Well, my dear, you don’t need every gadgets that’s ever been made. You don’t need sinks and taps that defy all monetary logic. You don’t need pull out gadgets that will in all probability (over a period of thirty years) give you problems.
- What you do need nowadays is soft close drawer runners and soft close hinges, as they are now very reasonably priced compared to times past and are almost indestructible.
Cheap is not always economical.
I purposely haven’t yet mentioned Vinyl Wrap kitchen cabinets, as you are heading for trouble purchasing a vinyl wrap kitchen. They are made of heat shrink material that peels off when heat is again applied, (with the possibly of heat from your toaster, your microwave, your dishwasher, your Jug, your Oven and let us not mention when you place hot steamy items on your cook-top.)
How much do kitchens cost?
Below is an example of a kitchen Layout from working drawings.
The prices are displayed below the diagrams.
Question, How much do kitchens cost?
The prices for the above installed kitchen cabinets are.
- Melamine gloss white cabinets installed– $ 6670.00
- Melamine gloss white cabinets kit form– $ 4385.00
- 2 pac gloss cabinets installed ————–$ 7401.00
- 2 pac gloss cabinets kit form ————–$ 5125.00
The prices for the above installed bench-tops are.
- Laminate tops installed (included with kitchen)—– $ 1003.00
- Laminate tops in (kit form) ————————–$ 1003.00 (same price)
- Stone bench-tops installed —————– $ 2310.00
- Stone bench-tops in kit form (pick up) —– $ 1900.00
This should give you an idea of the real costs of kitchens.
(and don’t forget the trades.)
Allow approximately $ 500.00 each for Plumber, Electrician,Ties and Tiler.
That is a total of another $1500.00 or slightly more.
If you are still not put off with the prices then give us a call for a beautiful new kitchen.
Ray on 047 753 8199 or Gary on 0409 616 761